On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Pomu“Senpai Is An Otokonoko (Senpai wa Otokonoko),” a new promotional video for the project was revealed. The video, which shows the voices of the characters but does not yet reveal any animation, reports details of the voice cast, the production team and lists that the premiere remains scheduled for this year in Japan.
Pomu began publishing the manga through the digital service LINE Manga in December 2019, and ended it in December 2021 with a total of one hundred chapters published. Pomu He is also the author of the manga “Shinobimasu!“, which is published in the magazine Manga Time Kirara Max since September 2017.
- Shuichirou Umeda as Makoto Hanaoka.
- Yuuma Uchida like Ryuuji Taiga.
- Akira Sekine like Saki Aoi.
- Shinsuke Yanagi (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun, Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Project No.9.
- Yoriko Tomita (Enen no Shouboutai, Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Shouto Shinkai (SK8 The Infinity, Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken, Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Yukari Hashimoto (Toradora!, Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu., Golden Time, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis of Senpai Is An Otokonoko
Makoto Hanaoka, a second-year female student, easily attracts the attention of others. Saki Aoi, a first-year student, is no exception and falls in love with Makoto at first sight. Having a vibrant and vigorous personality, she does not hesitate to confess her feelings to her superior. However, Makoto differs significantly from the person Saki perceives: Makoto is not a girl, but a cross-dressing boy!
After revealing his well-known secret to Saki, Makoto expects her to be upset. Surprisingly, this revelation captivates her. However, he continues to reject her, but Saki’s determination does not stop him from declaring that she will become her first love. With Saki and her childhood friend by her side, Makoto’s world lights up, giving him strength in the midst of his struggle between her interests and the expectations placed on him.
Fountain: Comic Natalie