On the official site for the anime adaptation of the video game Yostar and Nexon Games“Blue Archive“, a new promotional video for the project was revealed. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for the season of Spring-2024 (April-June)that the series will be titled “Blue Archive The Animation” and which will cover the “Arc of the Countermeasures Committee”.
According to the statement, more information is expected during the event AnimeJapan 2024 at the end of March. It should be noted that in a report by the Korea Economic Daily newspaper in June 2023 it was reported that Nexon is seriously considering producing a sequel in the form of a second season or a movie if the adaptation proves popular.
The video game was released by Shanghai Yostar in China and Japan in February 2021, and in the rest of the world in November of the same year by Nexon. Although the game is free, it includes a gacha mechanic and the possibility of earning game credits with real money. Regarding the anime adaptation, it currently has two animated shorts produced by the studios Yostar Picturesand which can be found on the franchise’s official YouTube channel.
- Konomi Kohara like Arona.
- Yui Ogura as Shiroko Sunaokami.
- Yumiri Hanamori like Hishino Takanashi.
- Ayaka Ohahi as Serika Kuromi.
- Chiyuki Miura like Nonomi Izayoi.
- Sayaka Harada as Ayane Okusora.
- Queen Kondo like Aru Rikuhachima.
- Yukiyo Fujii as Kayoko Onikata.
- Erika Ishitobi like Haruka Igusa.
- Rumi Okubo like Mutsuki Asagi.
- Daigo Yamagishi (Bungou Stray Dogs, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Magi: Sinbad no Bouken) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Yostar Pictures and Studio CANDY BOX.
- Hiroshi Oonogi (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts in collaboration with Daigo Yamagishi.
- Hiromitsu Hagiwara (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?, Kimi ni Todoke, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Blue Archive Synopsis
The city’s academies are divided into their own districts and are mostly considered independent. The General Student Council acts as a governing board to manage the academies as a whole. However, the group’s ability to govern has been halted since the mysterious disappearance of the president of the General Student Council. A host of problems have begun to arise throughout Kivotos in the absence of the president’s leadership.
To avoid disaster, the General Student Council enlists the help of the Federal Research Club, also known as Schale. In fact, Schale is the newest club in town and the last to be approved before the president’s disappearance. To carry out their task, Schale has the guidance of a Sensei to help them resolve the incidents around Kivotos.
Fountain: Comic Natalie
(c)NEXON Games / アビドス商店街