It has been revealed that the release of Chapter 126 of Oshi no Ko has been delayed one month due to the health conditions of the author, aka akasaka. Chapter 126, which was supposed to be released on August 10, 2023, has been rescheduled for September 14, 2023 in Weekly Young Jump magazine. Despite this temporary setback, fans will not be completely deprived of updates on the Oshi no Ko manga.
While the main story is on hiatus, illustrator Mengo Yokoyari will be publishing “Oshi no Ko: Interlude,” a four-chapter short story series written by Mengo herself. Below is the release schedule for Oshi no Ko: Interlude:
- Interlude Chapter 1: August 10, 2023.
- Suspension (Obon holidays).
- Interlude Chapter 2: August 24, 2023.
- Interlude Chapter 3: August 31, 2023.
- Interlude Chapter 4: September 7, 2023.
Aka Akasaka released a statement regarding Oshi no Ko’s hiatus, apologizing to fans and expressing gratitude to Mengo Yokoyari and artist 5milli Nishizawa. for their support in allowing the works to take a break:
- «I got sick a while back and after discussing it with the people involved, I took a month off. I apologize for taking a month off. As of this writing, I have fully recovered my health and am ready to deliver to the best of my ability. I will continue to do my best in the future, and I hope you will look forward to the return of the series after the hiatus. I would also like to thank Mengo-sensei and 5milli Nishizawa-sensei for kindly agreeing to allow our plays to take a break.».
Oshi no Ko is a manga series written by the creator of Kaguya-sama: Love is War, aka akasakaand illustrated by Mengo Yokoyariwho is the author of Kuzu no Honkai. It has been serialized in the Weekly Young Jump of Shueisha from April 2020, with its chapters collected in twelve volumes until July 2023. The anime of Oshi no Ko, produced by Doga Koboaired during the season of Spring-2023 (July-September). A second season is confirmed.