On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Eku Takeshima, Whisper Me a Love Song (Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau), a new promotional image for the project was revealed. The press release confirmed that the premiere remains scheduled for the month of January 2024 in Japan.
Eku Takeshima began publishing the manga in the magazine Monthly Comic Yuri Hime from the publisher ichijinsha in February 2019. He previously worked on the character design for the anime Null Peta, and published other works such as Kimi ni Suki tte Iwasetai (I’d Like To Make You Say Loving); Hare no Kuni no Apparedan (Apparently! Girls in Okayama); and Saiko Hunter Ryuu, to name a few.
- Hana Shimano like Himari Kino.
- Asami Seto like Yori Asanagi.
- Mikako Komatsu like Aki Mizuguchi.
- Konomi Kohara like Mari Tsutsui.
- Kaori Tachibana like Kaori Tachibana.
- Yuna Nemoto like Shiho Izumi.
- Xinya Cai (Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu, Magatsu Wahrheit: ZUERST) is in charge of directing the anime in the studios CLOUD HEARTS.
- hiroki uchida (Gamers!, Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja, Schwarzesmarken) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Minami Yoshida (Princess Connect! Re:Dive, Cider no You ni Kotoba ga Wakiagaru, Manaria Friends) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis for Whisper Me a Love Song
Yori Asanagi is a mature girl in many ways, but she remains pure when it comes to romance. This sentiment is demonstrated when a freshman, Himari Kino, suddenly confesses her love for her after her band’s performance at the opening ceremony. Confused and surprised, Yori asks her friends for a consultation, but they make fun of her, telling her that she is experiencing her love. Yori soon makes up his mind and tries to reciprocate Himari’s feelings, but in a turn of events, she realizes that what Himari loved was not her, but her music!
Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau revolves around the relationship between Yori and Himari. As Yori continues to pursue her love for Himari, he vows to make Himari fall in love with her. However, will this passionate love blossom or will it continue to be unrequited?